Re: Idea for making COPY data Microsoft-proof

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Idea for making COPY data Microsoft-proof
Date: 2002-02-11 16:11:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> Can you do something akin to what you did with the binary output - but in
> this case allow for no details.

This strikes me as solving an entirely different issue -- with great
loss of backwards compatibility. Possibly these are good ideas, but for
the moment I'd like to keep this thread focused on the issue of coping
with newline translations.

(In any case, I thought someone was already working on an optional
column-name-list clause for COPY, which would solve that problem in what
seems a cleaner fashion.)