Re: libpq-fs.h missing from windows installer

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daniel Berger <djberg96(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq-fs.h missing from windows installer
Date: 2005-04-24 16:07:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Daniel Berger <djberg96(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> I downloaded the latest installer for Windows (8.02)
> and installed the devel headers, but I still seem to
> be missing the libpq-fs.h header file (large object
> interface).

> Is it supposed to be included? If not, what takes its
> place?

I believe the current installer fails to install all the header files
needed for server-side development. This is scheduled to be fixed in
the next update, but I dunno when that will be. In the meantime, the
best bet is to grab a source tarball and just manually copy the contents
of src/include/ to the right spot in your installation directory.