supporting authors

From: Jonathan Gennick <jgennick(at)oreilly(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: supporting authors
Date: 2005-08-25 14:01:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I just got off the phone today with Anthony Molinaro, who is writing
our upcomming SQL Cookbook. Somehow we got to talking about PostgreSQL
and MySQL, and Anthony spoke very glowingly about the support he's
gotten from various people in the PostgreSQL community. For example,
someone thought to tell him about the new GENERATE_SERIES function,
which he's used in many recipe solutions.

He had less than glowing remarks about MySQL AB's helpfulness.

I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate the help that
Anthony got, and PostgreSQL will come out looking a lot better in the
book because of it.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick
Editor, O'Reilly Media
906.387.1698 mailto:jgennick(at)oreilly(dot)com