Re: [HACKERS] SQL procedures

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] SQL procedures
Date: 2017-11-14 15:54:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here is an updated patch. It's updated for the recent documentation
format changes. I added some more documentation as suggested by reviewers.

I also added more tests about how the various privilege commands (GRANT,
GRANT on ALL, default privileges) would work with the new object type.
I had not looked at that in much detail with the previous version of the
patch, but it seems to work the way I would have wanted without any code
changes, so it's all documentation additions and new tests.

As part of this I have also developed additional tests for how the same
privilege commands apply to aggregates, which didn't appear to be
covered yet, and I was worried that I might have broken it, which it
seems I did not. This is included in the big patch, but I have also
included it here as a separate patch, as it could be committed
independently as additional tests for existing functionality.

It this point, this patch has no more open TODOs or
need-to-think-about-this-later's that I'm aware of.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-SQL-procedures.patch text/plain 207.7 KB
0001-Add-tests-for-privileges-on-aggregate-functions.patch text/plain 9.8 KB