Re: Resources for Postgres and MySQL comparison presentation?

From: Dennis Clark <dclark1330(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Brian Ghidinelli <brian(at)pukkasoft(dot)com>
Cc: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Resources for Postgres and MySQL comparison presentation?
Date: 2009-03-23 17:53:01
Lists: sfpug

Hi Brian,
Sounds like an interesting talk. I assume you are including one of the more
compelling reasons for PostgreSQL vs. MySQL, which is licensing:

MySQL: GPL 2.0. Free but with some very strict obligations.
PostgreSQL: BSD 2.0. Free and with very simple obligations.

This is not an important issue for developing software for personal or
in-house use, but a critical decision for the development of any software to
be distributed or sold outside one's own organization.

Cheers,
Dennis Clark

--
Dennis M. Clark