Re: Add test module for Custom WAL Resource Manager feature

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add test module for Custom WAL Resource Manager feature
Date: 2022-11-16 00:29:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2022-11-14 at 09:34 +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Thanks. I would like to keep it simple.
>
> I've added some more comments and attached v2 patch herewith. Please
> review.

Committed with some significant revisions (ae168c794f):

* changed to insert a deterministic message, rather than a random
one, which allows more complete testing
* fixed a couple bugs
* used a static initializer for the RmgrData rather than memset,
which shows a better example

I also separately committed a patch to mark the argument of
RegisterCustomRmgr as "const".

--
Jeff Davis
PostgreSQL Contributor Team - AWS