Re: Cheap non-pizza Downtown?

From: Quinn Weaver <quinn(at)fairpath(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>, San Francisco Perl Mongers User Group <sanfrancisco-pm(at)pm(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cheap non-pizza Downtown?
Date: 2009-09-29 23:34:08
Lists: sfpug

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Postgres & Perl people,
>
> We all know pizza from geek meetings. It's cheap, it's caloric, and is
> generally accepted. Thing is, those of us who go to 5 or more geek
> meetings per month get kind of tired of the pizza, especially if we're
> trying to lose weight.
>
> For the two SFPUGs, it would be nice to have some food options which
> weren't pizza. So I'm looking for people to recommend any places they
> know which:
>
> (a) Are Indian, Chinese, Middle Eastern, Thai, or something creative
> (b) Deliver to offices Downtown or SOMA at 7pm.
> (c) Are $10/person or less for generous food for 12 people or more.

In my days running SF Perl Mongers, I liked BKK Thai: http://bit.ly/iIgSV

Pros: they deliver on time, and they have yummy food (Including a
surprisingly good tofu satay).

Cons: they might be a little more expensive than pizza; I don't
remember exactly. Their curries are kinda soupy, so you need plastic
plates or better (no, they don't provide them). Ordering is by phone
into a loud environment, so be sure you have a good connection.

Hope this helps,

--
Quinn Weaver Consulting, LLC
Full-stack web design and development