Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Alexander LAW <1(at)1o(dot)ru>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes
Date: 2024-04-15 18:35:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 4/15/24 10:18, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> I'll try a bit more to make this work without the temp table.

Considering the earlier discussion in e2933a6e1, I think making the
table TEMP is the best fix, so I'll do that. Thanks for remembering that
change, Alexander!

Attached is the cleanup I thought about doing earlier in this patch [1]
to make the code more like btree. The diff might make it seem like a big
change, but it really just moves the merge code into a separate function
and makes it use using the conditional variable. I still believe the old
code is correct, but this seems like an improvement so plan to push this
soon and resolve the open item.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Cleanup-parallel-BRIN-index-build-code.patch text/x-patch 8.1 KB