Re: postgres driver for mysql

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Mimiko <vbvbrj(at)gmail(dot)com>, Posthresql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres driver for mysql
Date: 2016-09-05 19:42:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On 09/05/2016 11:38 AM, Mimiko wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> I want to move applications to postgres. But there are applications
> which can use only mysql or local mdb or mssql. For now I run a mysql
> server to which this applications are connected. Long time ago I've
> encountered a federeted module for mysql to allow to store data in
> postgres. Now that site doesnot exists.
>
> Can anyone suggest a db federeted plugin for mysql/mariadb to store data
> in pg. Changing applications is impossible, they are proprietary and
> work only with specific databases only.

The only thing I know of is the other way around:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Fdw

Trying to figure out how

1) "I want to move applications to postgres."

and

2) "Changing applications is impossible, they are proprietary and work
only with specific databases only. "

is going to work out?

--
Adrian Klaver