Re: Upgrading from 12.3 to 12.11

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: zaphod61 <zaphod61(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrading from 12.3 to 12.11
Date: 2022-08-03 19:42:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On 8/3/22 11:44, zaphod61 wrote:
> The server version is 2016. The installer is the one listed on the
> postgresql support page.  I think version 12.3 was installed the same
> way but that was before I came into contact with this application

Would be helpful to do:

select version();

to get some clue of where the install originated from.

I add this because it occurred to me that maybe it was not installed
with this:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

Instead it may be one of EDB's not free versions of Postgres. Mixing
that up would be a mess.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com