Can i write a time-trigger?

From: Shruthi A <shruthi(dot)iisc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can i write a time-trigger?
Date: 2009-11-16 13:42:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

Is it possible in postgres to write a trigger that is fired at a certain
pre-defined time? ie I want to write a trigger that checks if the current
time is one of a certain list of dates, and if yes, it should be executed.
(I want it to execute only once on a matching date.)

I'm using EnterpriseDB Postgres Plus 8.3

Please help!
Thanks,
Shruthi