Re: Problems in connecting to postgreSQL using PHP

From: Valentín Orfila <valentinorfila(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Matthew Terenzio" <matt(at)jobsforge(dot)com>
Cc: "Kitty Yuen" <kitty3a(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems in connecting to postgreSQL using PHP
Date: 2007-03-12 13:37:37
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi!!! I'm Venezuelan and I don't know how to speak english very well, so
excuse me if i make a mistake.

About the connection: Did you do your script by yourself?, or copied a
functional one?

As Thomas Schindler said, send us any PHP errors or the pg_hba.conf ?

Here is my connection script, it is completly good check it out to see if
you have anything wrong

<? /*---------------*/
$servidor = "localhost";
$base = "databasename"; //change it
$usuario = "postgresuser"; //change it
$password = "postgresuser"; //change it

pg_pconnect("host=$servidor dbname=$base user=$usuario
password=$password");

?>

That's all what I can do for now

2007/3/12, Matthew Terenzio <matt(at)jobsforge(dot)com>:

> Could you provide any PHP errors or the pg_hba.conf ?
>
> On Mar 12, 2007, at 12:25 AM, Kitty Yuen wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to connect my postgreSQL with PHP in localhost. I have
> > start up the server with -i flag (i.e. postmaster -D
> > /usr/local/pgsql/data -i &) and edit the pg_hba.conf. However, I still
> > cannot connect with the database. But, when I tried to remote access
> > the database through SSH and I can connect with it.
> >
> > Would you please offer any suggestions or solutions?
> >
> > Manythanks,
> > Kitty3A

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Ministerio de Planificación y Desarrollo de la República Bolivariana de
Venezuela
Dirección de Planes de Personal

José Valentín Orfila Briceño
Programador II

Teléfonos: Celular: (0416) 4131418

E-mail: valentinorfila(at)gmail(dot)com
valentinorfila(at)hotmail(dot)com
josevalentinorfila(at)yahoo(dot)com

Messenger: valentinorfila(at)hotmail(dot)com

Skype: valentinorfila
valentinorfila(at)gmail(dot)com