Re: [Patch] Make pg_checksums skip foreign tablespace directories

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Patch] Make pg_checksums skip foreign tablespace directories
Date: 2020-02-26 17:02:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am Dienstag, den 25.02.2020, 11:33 +0900 schrieb Michael Paquier:
> I really think that
> we should avoid duplicating the same logic around, and that we should
> remain consistent with non-directory entries in those paths,
> complaining with a proper failure if extra, unwanted files are
> present.

Okay, please find an updated patch attached.

My feeling is that in the case we cannot successfully resolve a
tablespace location from pg_tblspc, we should error out, but i could
imagine that people would like to have just a warning instead.

I've updated the TAP test for pg_checksums by adding a dummy
subdirectory into the tablespace directory already created for the
corrupted relfilenode test, containing a file to process in case an
unpatched pg_checksums is run. With the patch attached, these
directories simply won't be considered to check.

Thanks,

Bernd

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Formerly-pg_checksums-recursively-dived-into-pg_tbls.patch text/x-patch 2.7 KB
0002-Update-TAP-tests-for-pg_checksums.patch text/x-patch 1.5 KB