Re: PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATE and DELETE

From: Julien Rouhaud <julien(dot)rouhaud(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATE and DELETE
Date: 2016-09-30 16:37:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 30/09/2016 05:23, Thomas Munro wrote:

> It would be really nice to be able to set this to 'Ready for
> Committer' in this CF. Do you want to post a v6 patch or are you
> happy for me to ask a committer to look at v5 + these three
> corrections?

I just looked at the patch, and noticed that only plain DELETE and
UPDATE commands are handled. Is it intended that writable CTE without
WHERE clauses are not detected by this extension? I personally think
that wCTE should be handled (everyone can forget a WHERE clause), but if
not it should at least be documented.

--
Julien Rouhaud
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org