Some doubts about streaming startpoint in WaitForWALToBecomeAvailable()

From: 蔡梦娟(玊于) <mengjuan(dot)cmj(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Some doubts about streaming startpoint in WaitForWALToBecomeAvailable()
Date: 2021-10-14 10:03:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, all
I have some doubts about the request xlog streaming startpoint in WaitForWALToBecomeAvailable(). In this function, RecPtr is the endpoint lsn we are waiting for, tliRecPtr is the position of the WAL record we are interested in, I want to know why use RecPtr rather than tliRecPtr as the startpoint when call RequestXLogStreaming, although the start position will be set as the beginning of the corresponding segment in RequestXLogStreaming.

Thanks & Best Regard