Re: pgsql: Blindly try to fix test script's tar invocation for MSYS.

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Blindly try to fix test script's tar invocation for MSYS.
Date: 2021-03-20 12:20:59
Lists: pgsql-committers

On 3/18/21 10:43 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Blindly try to fix test script's tar invocation for MSYS.
>
> Buildfarm member fairywren doesn't like the test case I added
> in commit 081876d75. I'm guessing the reason is that I shouldn't
> be using a perl2host-ified path in the tar command line.

No, you shouldn't. The rule is that you need to use perl2host when
passing a path to a non-msys-aware program. This will typically be one
of our own artefacts, or the comand processor (via system(), qx() etc.).
But msys-aware programs such as utility programs like tar should get the
path just as the perl script sees it.

Maybe I need to add to the comments on it in TestLib.pm.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan