Re: mixed, named notation support

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Steve Prentice <prentice(at)cisco(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: mixed, named notation support
Date: 2009-08-07 10:08:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On Donnerstag, August 06, 2009 19:10:47 -0400 Tom Lane
<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> I'm starting to look at this now, and my very first reaction was
> "what in the world is a leaky list?". I'm not sure I like the
> data structure itself, but the terminology is certainly completely
> unhelpful.

Hrm, i thought i put a comment in there, but it seems i forgot it, sorry. A
leaky list seems to be a list to remember where to fill in DEFAULT argument
values.

Maybe arg_values with ARGS_NAMED_NOTATION and ARGS_POSITIONAL_NOTATION is a
better notion.

--
Thanks

Bernd