v3 from the ground up

From: Brian Olson <bql(at)bolson(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: v3 from the ground up
Date: 2004-04-28 15:26:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Retrofitting the existing JDBC implementation with a v3 protocol seemed
pretty daunting to me, so for the last couple days I've been writing a
java v3 protocol implementation. It's just a raw expression of the
protocol at this point, but it can do a minimal extended query
{parse,bind,describe,execute,close,sync}.

Anyone else think this is a useful direction to pursue? Perhaps when
there's a fuller v3 java library, it would be feasible to graft the
JDBC interface onto it.

Brian Olson
http://bolson.org/