Re: Added documentation about caching, reliability

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Added documentation about caching, reliability
Date: 2005-10-03 17:44:59
Lists: pgsql-docs

Bruce wrote:
> > I was never all that happy with the WAL chapter, since, as you say,
it
> > doesn't seem to be a first-class user-level feature. I'd be happy
> > integrate it into another chapter, but I'm not sure where.
>
> Sure, I am looking for suggestions. My relabeling at least fixes
that,
> but feel free to move things around and relabel them.

FWIW, I agree with Peter. We are supposed to be talking about Server
Administration, not architectural properties of the database
(reliability, performance, etc.). The proposed move takes things more
off-topic. In fact, IMO chapter 26 is already too fat and could provide
links to the 'benefits' and 'implementation details' portions (maybe
move to VII Internals?).

Merlin