Re: psqlodbclibpq 8_1_03 unicode problem

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psqlodbclibpq 8_1_03 unicode problem
Date: 2005-08-10 16:07:23
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Not sure why your getting that.
> Is the database Unicode?
> When I was in SQLASCII mine read as ?
> The older driver 7.4 reas SQLASCII ok and presented French characters
ok,
> but newer version did not.
> When I converted to a Unicode database I could read the French
characters
> ok
> with the new driver.
>
> By the way been up Since Monday no odbc errors yet :)
>
> Joel Fradkin

Great news, Joel! I think you are over the hump...you just happened to
jump onto the odbc driver at the worst possible moment (during a big
push to update it after a couple of years of relative neglect).

I think it's fair to say you exhibited a certain amount of bravery for
sticking it out over a few difficult weeks. Now that you have an
application stack you can rely on, you will find that PostgreSQL is an
excellent foundation to build a business around. The capabilities of
the database far exceed all others in its class.

Merlin