Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in pgadmin

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in pgadmin
Date: 2005-03-16 17:19:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Ah. Ok, yes this certainly breaks pgAdmin. And true function code
protection on the server side seems pretty nasty without some serious
hacking.

What about this: do think pgAdmin should prevent rendering the sql code
for various database schema objects (but especially functions) if the
pgAdmin user does not have appropriate access to that object?

For example, if user does not have the 'execute' permission, disable sql
render of the function object. I think this is pretty reasonable from a
security standpoint until such time that the server gets this
capability.

Merlin