Re: Ready for RC3?

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Ready for RC3?
Date: 2004-12-28 13:43:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> There is the issue with shared mem on Win2003 that came up the other
> day. I don't think it's a general error, but rather something
> environment specific. (I've had several reports of ppl with fairly
large
> databases in production on win2003 that don't have this problem). But
> it'd be good to have confirmation on that. If we could give that one a
> couple of days, it would be good, but it's not a showstopper.

I just confirmed this an a dual Opteron box running *win2k* on a
realease candidate built less than a week ago. :-(. I was trying to
upgrade a production server to retest the statistics collector...I'm
going to try a fresh compile but may have to revert back to beta5.

FATAL: could not attach to proper memory at fixed address:
shmget(key=5432001, addr=00BB0000) failed: Invalid argument