Re: statistics process shutting down

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Win 32 hackers PGSQL" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: statistics process shutting down
Date: 2004-12-03 13:23:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Bruce Momijan wrote:

> Is this an open item?

I would say yes, referring to the statistics collector restarting under
heavy load conditions.

Unfortunately, the server where I was most frequently getting the error
went into production on Wednesday (with stats collector turned off). So
testing the problem there is basically out until I can set up some kind
of simulated test here at the office.

Merlin