statistics process shutting down

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Win 32 hackers PGSQL" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: statistics process shutting down
Date: 2004-11-30 13:28:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

During load testing, I'm getting the following error:

FATAL: could not read from statistics collector pipe: No error
LOG: statistics collector process (PID 1108) was terminated by signal 1

After which the statistics collector restarts. I have statement level
and block level stats turned on. The server still hums along happily
but after the restart both pg_stat_database and pg_stat_activity lie
about how many backends are connected.

Merlin