Re: libpq compiled not compiled with minGW

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Alexander Cohen" <alex(at)toomuchspace(dot)com>
Subject: Re: libpq compiled not compiled with minGW
Date: 2004-07-13 13:56:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> Alexander Cohen wrote:
> > Has anyone compiled libpq with anything else than MinGW? I need to
be
> > able to use libpq in an app im compiling from CodeWarrior and a lib
> > compiled with MinGW is not compatible with CW. Any ideas?
> >

> Sure. 7.4 and earlier have *.mak files for Visual C and Borland C++.
> assume CodeWarrior can use one of those.

Yep, and I still use the Microsoft compiled version of psql (along with
its libpq) because it seems deals with the console window better than
the mingw version. Another reason to do this is to static link a MSVC
based app to the libpq dll.

Just watch out for various versions of libpq.dll floating around, this
can quickly turn into a mess (resist all temptations to put in
c:\windows).

Merlin