Re: nightly win32 builds

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: nightly win32 builds
Date: 2004-05-21 12:49:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> I would look in config.log to see why configure is failing.

The problem is that openssl is making some calls to win32 GDI code in a
function called read_screen, which allows the user to generate a random
number based in UI interaction. These are not linked in properly...this
is a mingw/openssl problem.

It is very unlikely this function is used by postgres, so I commented
the code and configure passes muster (except that pg assumes openssl for
the root ssl install folder, and openssl seems to default to ssl). The
upshot is you have to manually add a couple of folders to the configure
statement, no big deal.

There are a couple of other problems with ssl support in be-secure.c
which I have fixed. There were more problems in exec.c...
validate_exec() should be declared with const char*, not char char* (for
gcc 3.4) and there were problems using the palloc memory context macros
(can't import CurrentMemoryContext). I hacked around this by using the
stack, but this error popped up in several more places so I gave up...

Merlin