nightly win32 builds

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: nightly win32 builds
Date: 2004-05-20 19:33:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

I've been trying to add --with-openssl options to the nightly builds,
but have not been able to get postgresql compiled with this option.
MinGW compiles the openssl library with no problems...

configure --with-openssl
configure complains about missing crypto library

ok, I manually added --with-libs=/usr/local/ssl/lib (even though this is
the default location), now crypto is found, but configure still
complains about missing ssl library, which is in the same folder. (this
is all with openssl-0.9.7d, btw).

I was curious, so I manually hacked configure to skip the ssl library
check so I could see what happened during the build. Never made it to
the link step, there were problems trying to compile the front end. I
gave up at that point, thinking maybe I picked a openssl library that
was too new.

Has anybody had any luck compiling recent version of pg with openssl
(either in mingw or otherwise?)

As a side note, I bumped up gcc to 3.4 trying to resolve this. It
didn't help, but did result in a 2/3 reduction in compile times, so I'm
leaving it that way until somebody says otherwise :)

Merlin