How-To Consitent EC2 Snapshots with Postgres

From: "saturon" <gsaturon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How-To Consitent EC2 Snapshots with Postgres
Date: 2009-10-31 14:44:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I am fairly new to postgres admin so please bear with me.

I am looking for a way to create a consitent EC2 snapshot of a postgres
DB that is running in a Debian Lenny instance, XFS file system on a EBS
. I was following Eric Hammons posts http://ec2ebs-mysql.notlong.com/
http://alestic.com/2009/09/ec2-consistent-snapshot on creating Snapshost
for MySQL and would like to port his efforts to Postgres.

I am really looking just for some documentation of this whole area since
I am sitting here a bit in the blue ;) (e.g. I heard of LVM but do not
know it and not sure if this is the way to go)

Thanks a bunch! Ben