Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] Buildfarm & cvsignore files

From: "Rocco Altier" <RoccoA(at)Routescape(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] Buildfarm & cvsignore files
Date: 2006-09-28 14:31:14
Lists: buildfarm-members

> From: Andrew Dunstan [mailto:andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net]
>
> Rocco Altier wrote:
> > I noticed that the build farm is only looking for the
> cvs-ignore'd files
> > for a vpath build.
> >
> > Attached is a patch that will stop at the CVS stage if there are any
> > cvs-ignore'd files in the clean repository.
> >
> > Its not triggered by a from-source build, only what should
> have been a
> > clean check out.
> >

> I thought I had that taped. Anyway, it can be done more
> simply. I will
> fix it.

I agree that is simpler than what I had, but doesn't quite work...
%ignore_file wasn't populated yet at that point in the code.

Also, I am changed the check for
CVS-Dirty/Extraneous-Files/Extraneous-Ignore to be based on
$from_source, because when I was running with --test, it tried to
configure, etc.

I am thinking that --test should behave like the real run.
I'd expect that only for a --from-source build would it be OK to have
the extra files in the source tree.

Attached is a patch against cvs.

Thanks,
-rocco