Re: schema question

From: Adam Lowry <adam(at)therobots(dot)org>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: schema question
Date: 2007-05-12 03:05:46
Lists: pdxpug

On May 11, 2007, at 5:19 PM, Thomas J Keller wrote:
> Greetings,
> I seem to have a misunderstanding about how to use schema:
> corefacility=# SELECT admin.pi_contact.name_last,
> admin.fund_ohsu.alias
> corefacility-# FROM admin.pi_contact, admin.fund_ohsu
> corefacility-# WHERE admin.pi_contact.contact_id =
> admin.fund.ohsu.pi_id;
> ERROR: cross-database references are not implemented:
> admin.fund.ohsu.pi_id
> corefacility=# \d+ admin.fund_ohsu

Tom,

I'm having a little trouble seeing what you're doing, but it looks
like this typo might be the problem: "admin.fund.ohsu.pi_id". With
the third period instead of an underscore, it appears as though
you're trying to join to db admin.fund, table ohsu, attribute pi_id.
Try changing that and see how it goes.

Any reason why you're using the "admin" prefix?

Adam