numeric_big in make check?

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: numeric_big in make check?
Date: 2024-02-19 09:27:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

numeric_big has been left out of parallel_schedule, requiring EXTRA_TESTS to
run it, since going in back in 1999 (AFAICT it was even the reason EXTRA_TESTS
was invented). The original commit states that it's huge, and it probably was.
Today it runs faster than many tests we have in parallel_schedule, even on slow
hardware like my ~5 year old laptop. Repeated runs in CI at various parallel
groups place it at 50% the runtime of triggers.sql and 25% of brin.sql.

To make sure it's executed and not silently breaks, is it time to add this to
the regular make check?

--
Daniel Gustafsson