Re: setting Postgres client

From: "Markova, Nina" <nmarkova(at)NRCan(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: setting Postgres client
Date: 2008-09-19 14:49:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Richard.

I specified the host IP ( I use the default 5432 port), got error:
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "192.168.XX.XXX" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

The only tcp lines in my postgres.conf are
#tcp_keepalives_idle = 0 # TCP_KEEPIDLE, in seconds;
# 0 selects the system default
#tcp_keepalives_interval = 0 # TCP_KEEPINTVL, in seconds;
# 0 selects the system default
#tcp_keepalives_count = 0 # TCP_KEEPCNT;
# 0 selects the system default
Should I change something here?

Nina