New to postgres -' how to' tips needed

From: "Markova, Nina" <nmarkova(at)NRCan(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New to postgres -' how to' tips needed
Date: 2008-08-21 19:16:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm completely new to postgres. My main job will be to install and configure it properly and I'm not sure how much I can rely on the default values.

Are there any good articles howto install and configure postgres? I have found the online documentation but need something simple.

Any suggestions comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Nina Markova,
Database Analyst / Analyst de base de données
(613) 992-3753 facsimile / télécopieur (613) 992-8836
nmarkova(at)nrcan(dot)gc(dot)ca

Geological Survey of Canada / Commission géologique du Canada
Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada
Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada