Re: libpq ASYNC with PQgetResult and PQisBusy

From: Alban Hertroys <dalroi(at)solfertje(dot)student(dot)utwente(dot)nl>
To: Raimon Fernandez <coder(at)montx(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq ASYNC with PQgetResult and PQisBusy
Date: 2010-12-20 23:56:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On 20 Dec 2010, at 21:49, Raimon Fernandez wrote:

> The select(2) that says that are using for wait is this line ? if (select(sock + 1, &input_mask, NULL, NULL, NULL) < 0) {
>
> I can't see where is 'sleeping'

See man 2 select.
If you're on an OS without manual pages (Windows is pretty much the only exception I know of), there are plenty of online versions of man pages available. I'd suggest looking at the FreeBSD ones, as in my experience they tend to be pretty keen on proper documentation.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4d0fed20802654673819298!