drop table failed to drop associated sequence

From: Juan Rojas <j(dot)rojas(at)tiba(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: drop table failed to drop associated sequence
Date: 2002-06-03 15:59:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I'm running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96.
I have a problem when I drop a table which contains a serial field. The
system drops the table but the associated sequence still remains in the
catalog, so if I want to create the table again with the same structure,
CREATE TABLE throws an error because the sequence that it's trying to create
already exists.
If somebody has the same same problem, or has the solution, please tell me.
Best regards,
Juan

Juan Rojas
mailto: j(dot)rojas(at)tiba(dot)com