sloppy handling of pointers

From: Mark Dilger <hornschnorter(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: sloppy handling of pointers
Date: 2016-09-28 02:45:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

rangetypes_spgist.c contains a call to detoast a pointer which was
just returned from a detoast operation. This seems to do no harm,
but is to my mind a sloppy thinko. Fix attached.

tsgistidx.c contains a detoast of a pointer where detoast of a datum
was likely intended. Fix attached.

tsrank.c contains some arguably correct casts which I found slightly
less correct than an alternative that I've attached. I'm pretty indifferent
on this one, and just as happy if it is not included.

Mark Dilger

Attachment Content-Type Size
tidy.patch application/octet-stream 2.8 KB