Re: Simple way of storing Access booleans (Yes/No) fields

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: "Kevin Bailey" <kbailey(at)freewayprojects(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Simple way of storing Access booleans (Yes/No) fields
Date: 2006-09-28 06:48:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

Firstly, don't forget to use an Access 2003 native format database in your project, and not an Access 2000 format database. There are huge slowups when using the Access 2000 format. Don't ask me why!

For your specific problem, I would personnaly use an int2, and treat on the server everything that is different from 0 as true. This is quick, and with a little work in PLPGSQL, it might be clean too. Otherwise, you might give a try to the advanced options of the ODBC driver: I'm not sure they can help, but it's worth trying.

Regards,

Philippe Lang