Re: TCP_NO_DELAY & TcpAckFrequency (Re: Slow query through ODBC)

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: "Arnaud Lesauvage" <thewild(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TCP_NO_DELAY & TcpAckFrequency (Re: Slow query through ODBC)
Date: 2006-08-01 17:42:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc

pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:
> Hi list
>
> This is a follow-up to
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2006-02/msg00067.php
>
> Let me sum up the problem :
> I run a query in pgadmin into a file (to be sure that all
> data is transfered). It runs very fast (in about 10sec), and
> data is transfered from the server at a very fast rate (~1MB per
> second). I run the same query via psqlodbc in a VBA application. It
> takes ages to run and data is transfered at a very slow pace (~80kB
> per second).

Arnaud,

What client exactly do you use for querying the server in VBA? Are you maybe using MS Access? If yes, what version of Access are you using? 2003? And are you using an Access 2000 compatible MDB maybe?

Otherwise, what client data access package are you using from VBA? DAO? ADO?

Philippe Lang
Attik System