Re: Which RPM for RH Linux ES 4? PGDB or RH?

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Which RPM for RH Linux ES 4? PGDB or RH?
Date: 2006-05-31 05:54:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I only run RHEL because of the "progress" database, running on this server.
Technical support for progress is only available when servers are running
RHEL, so that's why we are running this OS. But if I had the choice, I would
have installed freebsd there...

Alan, you are right, it's time maybe to try migrating from Postgresql 7 to
8. I'll try that...

Thanks

Philippe