Timestamp column & Access linked ODBC table

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Timestamp column & Access linked ODBC table
Date: 2003-11-26 14:47:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

As soon as there is a timestamp column in a Postgresql table, it's impossible to update it through an Access ODBC link. I'm not the first one to face this problem, but does anyone have a definitive explanation, or maybe workaround?

I know that a timestamp, when added to a linked MS SQL Server table, can be used by Access for row versioning / optimistic locking. Is that the reason why a PG timestamp causes so much trouble to Access?

Philippe Lang
Attik System
http://www.attiksystem.ch