Re: Access, pass-through queries and isolation level

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: "Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: "Jeff Eckermann" <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Access, pass-through queries and isolation level
Date: 2003-11-08 10:04:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

OK, I understand now. So this is really an Access issue.

As Jeff says:

>... Which is outside of the scope of what we normally do
>in Access... I suppose Philippe can reference
>psqlodbc.dll and issue the call in his VB code, but
>that is kind of nasty. Being able to transparently
>use SQL is the main attraction of a driver, at least
>for most of us.

I use Access for its great RAD features, so I'll try to solve my "isolation level" problems differently, for example by using a "lock table" inside the function. I wish there was a way to manage multiple result sets in Access more easily...

Thanks for your help, and of course, thanks for the ODBC driver!

Philippe