Re: ODBC / MS-Access... linking a ms-access DB to a view...

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: "Peter Bense" <Ptbense(at)gwm(dot)sc(dot)edu>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC / MS-Access... linking a ms-access DB to a view...
Date: 2004-10-29 07:18:01
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello Peter,

I don't know what your exact problem is, but here is a list of points I would test if I were you:

1) Test with another driver version.
The old installer installs version 7.03.02.00, and there is snapshot with version 7.03.02.08. Make sure to use the second version, or the driver snapshot that has just been released for PGSQL 8. This is version 8.00.00.02. It works fine for me, with a 7.5.4 database as well.

If you use the 7.xx driver, you have three drivers actually: use "Postgresql", and not the Unicode or Legacy drivers.

Here is the link: http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/genpage.php?downloads

2) Test with another MS Office installation. Weird installation?
3) Test with the postgres/pgsql user. Permission problem?
4) Use a pass-through query instead of a linked view. Primary key problem?

Regards,

Philippe Lang