Re: Filter equivalent for Access bound form

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: "David P(dot) Lurie" <dbase4(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Filter equivalent for Access bound form
Date: 2004-08-05 16:18:29
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

Using the filter property of a bound form is not a problem I think, at least with Access 2000. The filtering is done server-side, and only the necessary data is fetched on the client. I don't think this is a performance penalty.

But with Access 2003, I agree I have problems too. For an unknown reason, filtering is apprently done client-side, don't ask me why...

I have to check that...

Philippe Lang