Re: Access - ODBC - serial problem...

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: <jorgens(at)coho(dot)net>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Access - ODBC - serial problem...
Date: 2004-04-09 12:33:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Is there a Postgresql ODBC driver guru that could give us an idea for a driver modification? I don't know the exact job of an ODBC driver, nor how it connects to Postgresql, so I cannot tell if it would be possible to modify the ODBC driver, and do something like a "SELECT @@IDENTITY" (which is a SQL Server 2000 call, correct).

Since Microsoft is behind both Access and SQL Server, maybe nothing can be done in the driver itself, and I'll have to handle my insertions by hand, through pl/pgsql. But really, that's a serious limitation...