Re: GRANT role docs inconsistency

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GRANT role docs inconsistency
Date: 2006-09-04 10:43:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > GRANT role [, ...]
> > TO { username | GROUP groupname | PUBLIC } [, ...] [ WITH
> ADMIN
> > OPTION ]
>
> It doesn't say that anymore:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-
> 08/msg00034.php

Pfft. I need to remember to check development docs as well :-) sorry
about the noise.

> Perhaps we ought to start thinking about an 8.1 update release ---
> we haven't had any forcing functions like security issues for
> awhile, but we've accumulated a fair number of plain ol' bug fixes.

If nothing else, it should IMHO be scheduled to happen well before the
8.2 release, simply to "clear the queue" before that one. We can still
end up with the need to have an urgent release because of a security
issue or something, but it's probably a good idea not to have a
scheduled release in the stable branches at the same time as the new
major version...

//Magnus