Re: Getting ready for 8.2 release

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting ready for 8.2 release
Date: 2006-11-29 19:09:02
Lists: pgsql-www

> WWW,
>
> The 8.2 release will be going out around 22:00 UTC on
> December 5th, if it's
> not held up by any last-minute RC bugs. This means that
> we'll need to
> uphold the following schedule:
>
> December 5th
> 10:00 UTC (or earlier): source and windows binaries on the FTP master.
> 17:00 UTC (no earler): new home page, press kits, and press
> faq applied to website master.

Add to this (to make it a chekclist):
* Load release version of docs
* Remove the beta pages from the testing area (as in saying "we're now
released". We forgot this last time..)

Are you saying you want it actually listed under "latest versions" and
having the "elephant logo" with a text that says 8.2 is out, even though
it's not announced yet?

//Magnus