Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "Jim Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot)Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events
Date: 2006-11-28 19:34:44
Lists: pgsql-www

> get us a copy
> > >
> > > What font is it, and who is "someone?"
> >
> > The font is Frutiger Roman
> > (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2005-08/msg00048.php).
> >
> > The "someone" is the problem, since it's a commercial font.
>
> Is there an unencumbered font out there that we could use instead?

None that we know of, and nobody around knows enough about fonts and
such to claim there is one.

If we find one that *looks good* we can easily re-render all the headers
we have now, so that' snot a problem. But someone has to tell us what
font to use that actually looks good ;-) There's a reason this one was
picked in the beginning.

That or somone (hello commercial guys) could buy us a copy ;-)

//Magnus