Re: Query tool: Autocompletion

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query tool: Autocompletion
Date: 2006-01-26 14:39:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> >>I've spent several hours now to get the beast compiled,
> still no go.
> >>It's a nightmare I don't like to spend more time on.
> >

> > Hmm, I got it going in 5 minutes in VC6. Works quite well.
>
> Not in Linux.

Due to the longer building times, yes, it tok longer on linux. And I
hadn't tested it. But it certainly didn't take more than 5-10 minutes
active time ;-)

Attached is an updated patch that compiles fine on linux (on
developer.pgadmin.org), and works (only did minor tests). I've also
included a pre-generated .inc file. I did not move any files.

The #ifdefs are perhaps better handled with autoconf macros, haven't
investigated that yet - I just wanted to get somethign out that you can
test with on linux quickly.

//Magnus

Attachment Content-Type Size
autocomp_linux.zip application/x-zip-compressed 15.2 KB