Re: Simplify Win32 Signaling code

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Simplify Win32 Signaling code
Date: 2005-06-04 16:29:05
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi!

A quick-check (haven't checked any details) - your unconditional use of
Global\ will not work on NT4. With 8.0 we said we wanted to support NT4
with some limits (IIRC, tablespaces don't work, and the intaller
definitly doesn't work). If we want to continue doing that (which I
think we do), the global\ has to be conditional - used on 2000+, not
used on <= NT4.

//Magnus