Re: Favorable Postgresql write up

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan(at)arbinet(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Favorable Postgresql write up
Date: 2005-05-04 07:37:42
Lists: pgsql-general

I read the reason for the 5 out of 10 as "little win32 post-install
specific documentation", which is quite true, and few google hits on
"postgresql getting started" (which is kind of true - 600k vs 2.5M for
mysql vs 2.6M for oracle. But it can be debated wether 600,000 pages
should actually be enuogh for most cases..).

Also, as you say, he missed the mailinglists gated to usenet... Possibly
because they are not in the "official hierarchy", but a google search
would show those

But all in all it certainly put postgresql in good light - as an
easy-to-get-started-with database. Which we've previously (IMHO not
deserved, but whatever) usually been rated pretty bad at.

Will be interesting to see what he comes up with when he starts looking
at the feature comparisons.

//Magnus